Tuesday, February 3, 2009

This damn knee.... Can I get a new one?!

So, Friday was again another rest day, and my knee felt 1000% better, and it definitely felt like I could run.

Saturday morning, woke up, got dressed for my run, and took off for Saltzman gate to Leif trail. Felt great, and ready to run. We met up and I took the 8 milers out at an 8:45 average pace, up hill none the less. After 4 miles, I had the decision to continue on and put 12 in this weekend, but decided that because my knee was not 100%, I would only do 8. At the 4 mile turn around, I stopped, drank a water bottle from my fuel belt, stretched a little, and felt great. We started off, downhill now. I think that's what did it, that extra stress of the hill. About 1 mile in, at the 5 mile mark, it became an excrutiating pain in my knee. I had to stop and walk, while the others ran ahead. I continued to walk the rest of the 3 miles. Attempting to jog every once in a while, but still pain. Not my best run ever obviously, but I felt really strong for the first 4 miles, even with my knee in the condition it is.

I took Sunday, Monday and today off. I'm giving it rest and it's feeling better. I will pack my stuff for track night tomorrow, but I'm not 100% that I will be able to participate. I'll be hitting the weights in the morning, and try to hope on the bike.

Let's just hope this does not hinder my season any more than it already has.

0 comments: