Friday, February 6, 2009

Run or Rest?

So Wednesday was once again a track work-out for GFLF, but I decided not to run this week, and just coach. I answered questions as well as assisted in work-outs. I was very surprised to find how much people trusted me and looked to me for their concerns. I hadn't really noticed until last week, but having people ask me questions about running and avoiding injuries (no pun intended) felt great. Being able to help them with their issues and feeling as if they trusted me enough to ask me in the first place was a cool experience.

Thursday, I went for a run/jog with Tim and Nick from work. The knee felt ok, just sore the entire run. Still not having much issues but they come and go. There is a shot of pain, then it disappears as if it were normal again. I've been icing it and taking Ibuprofen to help. I have also started rolling out my IT band, as the point of pressure is where the IT band should connect to the knee. Not sure if I stretched it out too much, or what, but hopefully it will help with the healing process. The run was about 3.5 miles, and I averaged around a 11 min pace I think, just taking it easy. The knee also felt fine after the run and did not tighten up, which was a relief.

I took today off and will not be running tomorrow either for our long run. I'm going to continue to rest, ice and stretch it. Hopefully, continuing to strength train over the next few days will keep me in shape.

Have a great weekend!

0 comments: