Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Saturday Long Run and Tuesday Tempo Run

Saturday's long run was great. My first long run back with my "new" knee. I'm back to about 98% now and couldn't be happier. It's feeling great, and I've started to become really anal about my stretching now as well. I did 10 miles on Saturday, starting at the FitRight store and running up to Leif. We proceeded to run about 5 miles on leif, and the rest back to the store. Felt great the entire run, not one pain. Average pace was around 8:45 with all the hills is not bad at all.

Tonight, I went for a tempo run. With all the hills out here in Clackamas, it was difficult. I ran the first half mile around 8, then the next half mile around 9. But with the hills would try to keep the pace under 10:30. My slowest pace for the run was 11:00 and my fastest was 7:00 (running downhill :-) ). All in all, some good runs.

Race Season is getting closer with the opener this year being the Shamrock run, a 15K that goes up Terwilliger. My goal for this race is to keep the pace at 8:00 or lower. This will be followed by the ING Georgia Half Marathon 2 weeks later. My goal for the half marathon is a sub 1:45, keeping the pace around 8 or lower again. With the training I've been doing, this should not be a problem.

0 comments: