Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Tuesday/Wednesday Workout

So Tuesday afternoon was spent at the gym. Well.... not the whole afternoon, about an hour. 30 minutes on the bike when I got there, kept the heart rate around 160. Got about 10 miles in on the bike. The bike was then followed up by my arm/leg workout. I like doing legs after the bike because it gives my legs the practice of transitioning to the run. Followed up with arms, that are used to support my body on the bike.

Wednesday started with an after work run with Tim and Nick. We did 6 miles at a slow/comfortable pace. A conversational pace. Our average pace was right around 9:40, and my average HR was 138. Pretty low for a long run, but it was fun. At about mile 3, my knee started to have some issues. It gave out on me 2 or 3 times, and I started to baby it a little. After about 5 minutes, it started to feel much better. After that run, my knee started to bother me again. Walking helped it, but when I would sit, it would start to tense up.

Later tonight was my track workout. My knee was feeling better at that point. As usual, we started with a 2 lap warm-up. This was followed by 6 laps around the trap at a comfortable-hard pace. My group kept it around 9 min/mile. After the 6 laps we took a two minute rest, and it was followed by 6x100m sprints. Each followed by a 2 minute walking rest. My fastest sprint was a 4:21. As usual, it was followed with a 1 lap cool down. Knee was definitely starting to hurt at the end.

I am now sitting on the couch with an icy hot patch on my knee. Made a tuna melt for dinner, and had some accelerade to drink. Overall, a great couple of days.

0 comments: