Sunday, January 11, 2009

GetFitLiveFit First Group Run 1/10

Yesterday was the first group run for the GetFitLiveFit program. It was a great morning for a run too, 40 degrees and brisk, a normal winter morning in Portland. I am the fast pace group leader for the 1/2 marathon group. My recovery pace is set at 8:30.

We left the Fit Right NW store around 8:15, me leading two others that were set to run 8 miles that day at that pace. I came to find out later, they were not part of the program, but just wanted to run with a group. I didn't mind, I was still getting my volunteer credit, and also getting in a long run, preparing for my Half Marathon race in March. I managed to average the group at an 8:45 pace, not bad for my first time.

I'm looking forward to working with the group and helping not only myself achieve a goal. Wednesday will be a speed workout at Duniway track, which I have no experience in. But I am looking forward to learning all about speed workouts.

0 comments: