Sunday, January 25, 2009

Saturday Long Run, Sunday... Lazy Day

So yesterday was my weekly long run again with GFLF. This week I was scheduled for 10 miles, and I got them in. It was a great course, they had mapped for us. The first 3 miles were through downtown, then out toward Duniway park, and we ran up the terwilliger hill. This was also great practice for the Shamrock Run in early March. We ran 2 miles up the hill, then turned around and enjoyed the way down. Finished through the city, and as always, finished at FitRight NW.

I took the day off today to relax and get ready for my week. Knowing that it is going to be long and strenuous. I plan on getting 4-5 miles in tomorrow morning, then a bike ride on Tuesday and Thursday, with a track run Wednesday, and a brick on friday (bike/run).

I also plan on finishing all the days up with some weights and stretching. Working on my flexibility has also become a priority of mine lately, knowing that it is something that I need to improve on. Flexibility will help with all 3 disciplines, improving my speed and endurance. Weights are also important for the same reason, including my core. Core is your abs, obliques, lower back, and other extrenuous muscles that surround your abdomen. These muscles help improve my form in the 3 disciplines and allows me to increase my endurance and speed.

That is it from me this weekend. I'll update tomorrow and I promise I will try to stay more consistent with my posts.

0 comments: