Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Monday Recovery Run

Last night I went for a short, 4 mile, recovery run. I love running out here in Clackamas, because the terrain is not very nice at all. The hills are a great training tool, and I do enjoy running up hills. It has an incredible training effect and an even better cardio improvement.

My run was about 4.5 miles and my average heart rate was around 168, which is great for a recovery run. To put it into perspective, normally during a race, my heart rate is around 190-195. And that would be pushing it hard. So overall, it was great. The temperature was about 38 degrees and clear. I had my jacket (which is reflective), my reflective vest and headlamp. I was very well lit and visible. My shoes and tights are also a tad reflective, and warm. My feet were really the only thing that was cold, but they eventually warmed up.

I'm gonna say it every time, but I love running again, and it feels good to like to run again. I definitely know that I over trained last year, and I'm working to not do that again. I'm doing more cross training and weights to mix it up a bit.

I plan on hitting the gym this afternoon and hitting the bike. I'll report about that later.

0 comments: