Saturday, April 11, 2009

ING Georgia Half Marathon

I set a PR!!! This was a great race for me. My best ever. The weather was great, low 50's and sun came up about half way through the race, then went away before I could finish. My legs felt great, strong and light until around mile 12. Not sure what happened, I should have geled, but didn't have any, so the 0nly carbs/sodium/sugar I could take were the glasses of Gatorade they were handing out.

My finish time was 1:43:24, average pace of 7:54/mile. Not too shabby, considering the hills that were on the course. I felt very good about the race in general. My father in law didn't do too bad either, he had a cold and kept his boss company during the race. He finished just under 2:20. Not bad at all.

Overall, it was a great visit to Atlanta with the in-laws. We got to see the city and the World of Coke. That was quite interesting, learning about the different brands of coke from around the world and how coke came to be.

0 comments: