Saturday, April 11, 2009

Pacing Race for the Roses


Last Saturday I paced for Race for the Roses. I volunteered to help people reach their goal. I paced for the 8:30/mile group. That would put my finish time at 1:51:20. I finished at 1:51:00. My average pace was 8:28/mile, that's why I'm a great pacer. I kept it even the entire time, didn't start too fast and tried to balance it on the hills. Going around 9:30 up the hills, and around 7:30 down hill. I had a group of around 8-10 until after mile 12, where I started to turn it up a notch. At the end of the race, you go up to the steel bridge, it's quite a hill if you're not familiar. I cranked it up, and dropped my group. One of the girls managed to catch up to me as I slowed down near the finish.

Tim from work ran this race as well. He did great, and finished at 1:44:20, just a tad slower than me. Nice work!

It was also another great day for racing. The sun decided to come up and it stayed in the 50's for the race. It was a great day and a great race. I even got the car washed after I came home and took a nap.

0 comments: