Saturday, March 28, 2009

Race Week

So it's always a taper week before a race. And that's what I've been doing. This has been a different/crazy week for me as well.

This week started off with Tuesday. Tuesday, Steph and I got home around 11:30 from her book club meeting, and I had planned to shave my legs. Yes, shave my legs. There are a few reasons for this: 1. They look HOT! 2. Swimming will be a breeze. 3. When/If I crash on the bike, they need to shave the area anyway, and the hairlessness will help cut down possible infection as well. I will tell you though, without any hair, they sure do look good. Here are my pictures from the event.

Before the shaving:


This next one is during. After getting the majority of the hair with my buzzer, I took my razor, and got the rest. You can't see much in this picture, but there is alot of stubble. Shown here:


Now, the great part. The finish:


Yes, it's a little red, but what do you expect for the first time. It also took me about 45 minutes. yeah, you read that right. But now, it's a piece of cake. The next time, it only took about 10. Nice!

My boss is also a "leg shaver", and he scheduled a lunch on Thursday to get people from work together to show off my legs. He called it "David's coming out party." Needless to say, i wasn't excited about the name. And, just as I thought, people were disappointed, as they thought it would be something more. Although, they did seem to like the legs!

Stephanie and I are in Atlanta this weekend. We flew out on Friday morning, and will be leaving Sunday night. I am running the ING Georgia Half Marathon on Sunday with my father-in-law and a bunch of Coke employees. Although, I think they will be running behind me! :-)

Today we went and visited Atlanta. We got to see his office, and some of Atlanta. We went to an incredible fast food restaurant. It was called Varsity, and they had incredible Chili Cheese Dogs. After that, we went to what is called the World of Coke. It was filled with old and new signs and advertisements, and even how Coke came to be. I enjoyed it very much. They also had a room where you could taste different sodas, Coke branded obviously, from around the world. I got to drink Mellow Yellow again, which was great. They had some very strange drinks though as well.

Overall, it was a great day, and it's off to bed for me to rest up for the race.

1 comments:

Nick said...

Yummm.. Chili Cheese Dog for pre race power food. :)

I was thinking, you will probably be done racing before I wake up. I will probably wake up at 7:30'ish which is 9:30 your time I believe. It will be cool that I will know your time as soon as I wake up. I am cheering for you, although it will be in my sleep.