Monday, March 23, 2009

Another week down


So it's been a week since my last post, and to be honest, not much has happened. I've just been running. It is taper week, as the ING Georgia Half Marathon is Sunday. I can't wait. This is one of my key races this year. My goal being 1:45, which should be manageable with my current fitness level. I am very excited for this race, and will be my first time in Atlanta as well.

My next goal race this year is the Happy Valley Fun Run. It is a small 10K race, that I plan on finishing quite fast. My goal for this race will be 42:00, and I plan on finishing in the top 5 overall.

In other news, I have officially registered for the 2009 Chicago Marathon. This will be my end of the year goal, as it is October 11th. Great excuse to stay in shape, and I get to see the family as well.

In other news, I have made the decision to shave my legs. This decision came based on two things: 1. My legs will look better and 2. If/when I crash on the bike, this will decrease infection, and they shave the area anyway. There is also the myth that "it makes you more aerodynamic", but that is not one of my reasons, and I'm not sure I believe that.

That's it for this week. Not much happening, but enough to report on. Have a great week, and I'll be reporting on my race this weekend.

1 comments:

Nick said...

So, shaving your legs for performance is only useful at the most elite level. They estimate on a 40k time trial that you would save no more than two seconds.
The reason I hear pro's do it, other than everyone does, are:
Injury prevention
Easier massage (this is sooo true!) no hair pulling. You should test for yourself.
It is damn sexy! Your muscles just pop!