Wednesday, March 4, 2009

It's been a while, and plenty to report on.....

Well, it's been well over a week since my last post. I got back from Chicago, and sorry to say, I didn't get a minute of running in while there. It was a bummer, but the time was well spent with my family. Overall a good trip, except for the weather. Max temp was around 24 degrees, and it snowed.

I got home Monday night, and was completely exhausted, considering no run on Tuesday. Wednesday was the normal GFLF track workout, and it felt great to get some miles in. We did 6x600m repeats at comfortably hard pace (6-7 on a scale to 10, shouldn't be able to have a conversation at this pace), followed by 200m easy jog after each set. After all 6 sets, we did 6x100m sprints/fast (8-9, not all out, but close). Each was followed by a 100m walk. I felt good after the workout, so went and ran a few more laps around the track to get some more distance in. Thursday and friday were both off/lazy days. Saturday again was my GFLF long run day. I put in 12 miles on Leif Erickson trail. For anyone who has not run on that trail, it's pretty up and down the entire time, not much flat. The good news is though that my knee is feeling fantastic. I've been stretching it like crazy, and that seems to be working. I've realized now that this injury was my wake up call to make sure that I make time to stretch after my run.

Sunday was a busy day around the house, getting stuff cleaned up and bringing stuff over to goodwill. Steph and I were both exhausted, so no workout for me.

Monday is my normal off day, and my in-laws are in town, so I spent the night with them. Tuesday, my father-in-law and I went for a morning run. We took his dog, miranda, out with us. She seemed to keep up and enjoy it when there was a car to chase. She did very well though, and made it all 4 miles. I took my father-in-law out on my hill route, that starts with a very agressive up hill, and eventually turns into a less aggressive downhill. I love the route, because it really forces you to get up the hills to get in your miles because the hills are so long.

This morning was another run with my father-in-law and his dog. We took my normal 4 mile route, up and down sunnyside, which a little rolling, but has enough flats to keep it consistent. I did that route alot when training for my 10k's, because of the hills.

Sorry I've been so lazy, but will continue to report my progress. Race schedule is starting to fill up as well. I have the shamrock run in 1.5 weeks, followed by the ING Atlanta Half Marathon 2 weeks later. Then the following weekend, I will be pacing the 8:30 group at the Race for the Roses. I'll keep you posted on any more races, but so far, that is what i've got.

0 comments: