Friday, April 2, 2010

Week 1 of 20 is in the books

Well Folks,

Week 1 is in the books for my training towards Lake Stevens Half IronMan.  My totals for this week were:

Swim - 2000
Bike - 80
Run - 13.5

I actually had a slow start this week.  And for reference, my week will be Sat - Fri with my totals. 

Overall it was a good week.  Nothing really to say at this point except I'll be ramping up my swimming and running for sure, and the bike will slowly start to gain momentum as well.  No injuries and I'm feeling good. 

I will need to work on endurance for the swim, speed on the bike and will continue doing my normal 1/2 marathon training on the run.  These first few weeks will be focused on endurance and form.  Then once I have built myself up enough, I can start to work on my speed.

Two other quick things to note: I got my RoadID in the mail yesterday.  For anyone who doesn't know what that is, it is basically a bracelet that I wear while out riding or running that has my name/city of residence/emergency contact information.  So if/when I crash on the bike or if something happens while out running even, Someone can get my contact info right from my wrist which is pretty cool.  I know that Steph and I will both feel better knowing that someone can get that info very quickly and easily.  I have posted a generic picture of it to the right.



Next, I also won a Profile Design Aero Water bottle for my Time Trial bike.  The bottle will fit into my bars and will have a straw coming out of it so I can stay in the aero position and not have to bend down for my bottles when I need a drink.  This was thanks to Chris McCormack who had posted a contest on Facebook and he chose my answer as one of 6 winners. I have also posted a picture of it to the left.






I am very much looking forward to this season, and hope to stay injury free and have some great races!

0 comments: