Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Countdown to Training

So it's been a while since my last post, but there is not much to report.  I've been swimming, biking, and running.  Not following any kind of plan yet, just taking it slow and building a good base so when training starts, I can reduce the chance of injury and recover quicker.

I will start my training plan for my Half-Ironman in 2 weeks.  I also have tune-up races planned in between then to practice my transitions and nutrition.  I've got some homework to do though.  I need to figure out my sweat rate and my calorie burn, so I can plan out my fluid and food consumption on the bike and run so I know how much I need to take in to be replenished, but not take too much.

I'm very excited for this year, and hope that my triathlon career starts with a bang!  And once my training starts, I'll be posting more, because there will be more to post about.

0 comments: